Display using:  
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
 Author Thread: A New Mira Nair Film
dollmommy is not online. Last active: 10/30/2007 8:18:24 AM dollmommy
Top 25 Poster
Total Posts: 175

A New Mira Nair Film
Posted: 06 Mar 2007 06:49 AM
Mira Nair has released her new film called "The Namesake". It is taken from the Jhumpa Lahiri's novel. It seems to have vast acclaim and I thought I would post a link to the film's site here:

http://www.foxsearchlight.com/thenamesake/

The film has to do with two generations of an Indian family coing to the US and trying to balance their lives, customs and east/west cultural issues. It looks interesting and I look forward to seeing it.
Tabby is not online. Last active: 7/28/2008 10:19:17 AM Tabby
Top 25 Poster
Total Posts: 228

Re: A New Mira Nair Film
Posted: 06 Mar 2007 12:07 PM
Ooo! I have this book, but haven't read it yet. I'll have to read it before I see the movie though.

I love Lahiri as a writer though. I've read her "Interpreter of Maladies" book, which is basically a collection of short stories. If the movie stays true to "The Namesake", it should be excellent since Lahiri, in my opinion, does a fabulous job of character development. I honestly think about some of her characters from IoM and wonder what they are doing. ;)
dollmommy is not online. Last active: 10/30/2007 8:18:24 AM dollmommy
Top 25 Poster
Total Posts: 175

Re: A New Mira Nair Film
Posted: 07 Mar 2007 08:22 AM
I enjoy Nair's films so i am looking forward. Most probably my hubby will consider this a "chick flick" (no shooting, car chases or karate chops) so my daughter and I will enjoy an evening out!
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
Page 1 of 1

Pardesi Community Forums  > Movies and Entertainment  > Movies  > A New Mira Nair Film  

Important Disclaimer: The forums provided are open to the public. They are here solely to provide a source of information for our customers looking for this advice, products or services. The opinions expressed on these websites are those of their individual authors. Due to liability issues the advice, ideas, products, information, products, or services these forums provide are not endorsed by this website or its owners/employees. We recommend using common sense, making inquiries to people you trust, and, if necessary, seeking professional advice before relying on material, advice, or purchasing the products or services generated from these forums.
Copyright (c) 2001-2006 Pardesi Services LLC