Display using:  
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
 Author Thread: Wickes Furniture & Stainsafe
Tabby is not online. Last active: 7/28/2008 10:19:17 AM Tabby
Top 25 Poster
Total Posts: 228

Wickes Furniture & Stainsafe
Posted: 06 Jul 2007 11:03 AM
I just wanted to tell you about the horrible problems I've had with both companies.

I bought a leather sofa package (2 sofas, 2 end tables, 2 lamps, 1 coffee table) from Wickes in June 2004. I also purchased a fabric protection policy because the salesman said that if I had any rips or tears or stains, Stainsafe would come out and repair it for free; if it couldn't be repaired, the item would be replaced for free.

Fast forward not even three years later. I notice on my husband's couch (yep, we have our own couches), there are two small rips on the arm. I show my husband the rips and it's wear he rests his arm. So I contact Stainsafe and the deny my claim saying it's "normal wear and tear".

I don't think so. My parents bought a fabric sofa when I was 3. Think how rough little kids (and a dog) can be on furniture. I eventually took this couch with me to college where my roommate occasionally slept on it and tons of people sat on it. It later was moved to a friend's house and then to my first apartment. It was 21 years old when I gave it away to a friend: no rips, tears, abnormal wear or anything. The fabric on this sofa was much, much thinner than the leather on our couch. And the only one who sits on the couch that's damaged is my husband.

So, here's my warning to stay away from both Wickes and Stainsafe (who has over 2,000 BBB complaints in the past 36 months). Wickes Furniture sells poor quality furniture (funny how I've had no problems with my cheap IKEA furniture) and also a protection policy that's not worth the paper its written on. Stainsafe is a scam operation - period.
mel is not online. Last active: 10/2/2013 7:44:01 AM mel
www.pardesifashions.com
Top 25 Poster
Forum Moderator
Total Posts: 509

Re: Wickes Furniture & Stainsafe
Posted: 10 Jul 2007 05:56 PM
Hey Tabby,

Sorry to hear about your problem. 2,000 complaints to the BBB? That is outrageous! Hope you are able to make them follow through on their promises.

~mel~
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
Page 1 of 1

Pardesi Community Forums  > Consumer  > All Other Consumer  > Wickes Furniture & Stainsafe  

Important Disclaimer: The forums provided are open to the public. They are here solely to provide a source of information for our customers looking for this advice, products or services. The opinions expressed on these websites are those of their individual authors. Due to liability issues the advice, ideas, products, information, products, or services these forums provide are not endorsed by this website or its owners/employees. We recommend using common sense, making inquiries to people you trust, and, if necessary, seeking professional advice before relying on material, advice, or purchasing the products or services generated from these forums.
Copyright (c) 2001-2006 Pardesi Services LLC