Pardesi Logo Pardesi
Pardesi Community Forums Home   Search   Login   Register  
Fashions  > Western Fashions  > Stylish Fashionable Clothing For Tall Young Men NOT Big Tall Young Men!  

Display using:  
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
 Author Thread: Stylish Fashionable Clothing For Tall Young Men NOT Big Tall Young Men!
mel is not online. Last active: 10/2/2013 7:44:01 AM mel
www.pardesifashions.com
Top 25 Poster
Forum Moderator
Total Posts: 509

Stylish Fashionable Clothing For Tall Young Men NOT Big Tall Young Men!
Posted: 23 Sep 2007 06:39 AM
As many of you have probably already read in other posts, I have a young teenaged son who has at least two growth spurts ahead of him and he is already a 34" length in pants, being just under 6ft. He can not be classified as "big" in the sense that Big and Tall clothing rarely fits him since he is not portly. We have had a hard time finding stylish/fashionable clothing that fits him. Obviously he wants to wear the same kinds of clothes that his peers wear. Interestingly, even when we can find "tall" clothing at stores, the rise is almost always too short. Hopefully one day, someone will get a clue in his/her head and realize that you have to make things proportional. You can make low rise jeans for tall people, but the rise has to be longer for a person in a 36" length than for a person in a 30" length.

Until then, if anyone finds any brand of clothing that is acceptable for wear by tall young men, please list it here! I will combine some of the suggestions from the other threads so we don't have more than one active thread listing brand names.

~mel~
mel is not online. Last active: 10/2/2013 7:44:01 AM mel
www.pardesifashions.com
Top 25 Poster
Forum Moderator
Total Posts: 509

Re: Stylish Fashionable Clothing For Tall Young Men NOT Big Tall Young Men!
Posted: 23 Sep 2007 07:03 AM
Gap: lengths up to 36”

Rawlings Lounge/Sport Pants – can be found in many sports stores, Bob’s stores and JC Penney’s, longer but not exact on the measurements

American Eagle

Aeropostale- Personally I find they run small. Even though my son is a size Large everywhere else, he has to wear a size XL here in many items.

Abercrombie & Fitch

LL Bean – Leans more to the classic tastes.

Land's End – Leans more to the classic tastes. They also have snow boots that go to larger sizes and an excellent stand behind their products policy. I ordered a men’s size 13 snow boot for my son well before snow season one year (in September). He didn’t get a chance to wear them until November and only once then. The last week in December he was able to wear them again and the zipper broke off one of them, making it useless basically. Due to the holidays and a bout of the flu in our house I did not get around to contacting Land’s End until the third week in January. Since it had already been almost 4.5 months since we bought them, I did not expect any refund or exchange. I just wanted to let them know how disappointed I was in their boots. They promptly arranged an exchange for us and I am happy to report my son wore them the entire remainder of the season that year with lots of activity and will be wearing them again this year! You just can not beat that kind of customer service!

JC Penney’s – offers a blend of classic and trendy clothing for the tall young man.
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
Page 1 of 1

Pardesi Community Forums  > Fashions  > Western Fashions  > Stylish Fashionable Clothing For Tall Young Men NOT Big Tall Young Men!  

Important Disclaimer: The forums provided are open to the public. They are here solely to provide a source of information for our customers looking for this advice, products or services. The opinions expressed on these websites are those of their individual authors. Due to liability issues the advice, ideas, products, information, products, or services these forums provide are not endorsed by this website or its owners/employees. We recommend using common sense, making inquiries to people you trust, and, if necessary, seeking professional advice before relying on material, advice, or purchasing the products or services generated from these forums.
Copyright (c) 2001-2006 Pardesi Services LLC