mel is not online. Last active: 10/2/2013 7:44:01 AM mel
www.pardesifashions.com
Top 25 Poster
Forum Moderator
Total Posts: 509

Re: PIZZA
Posted: 21 May 2008 07:12 PM
Hi,

My first thought would have been "No" BUT as it turns out, it looks like you can make pizza on a gas burner. I have never done it and I couldn't find any recipes so to speak but I did find some information that might help you.

I have posted a section that I thought was most helpful and the one I would use if I were going to try this. You may not be able to get all the ingredients at your local market so you might have to make substitutions. You can, of course, leave out the meat so your pizza would be vegetarian if necessary. If store bought dough is not available, you can try substituting Naan for the crust as it has a similar texture. I have heard a few people use garlic naan to make a type of pizza so that might be an option. Also, I am not sure if everyone is familiar with the term "cast-iron" pots, skillets, etc. Cast iron is a type of cookwear that is extremely heavy and dark black.

Here is the information I found:

This lady from Yahoo Answers seemed to know what she was talking about.

From Jama B

It is still possible to make a stove top pizza. Calm your self. First you will want to cook all your ingredients just a bit in a skillet. I like to dice a small onion, chop some canned black olives, chop up pepperoni, or left over bacon or sausage, you can even add some chopped up lunchmeat ham.

I like to use store bought pizza crust. Cut it to fit the skillet you are going to use for "baking" your pizza

Use your favorite spaghetti sauce for pizza sauce
Put your meat toppings on top
Put your favorite pizza cheese on top that
Turn your burner on about 4 or med-low
and then put a lid on it ***do not put the lid on tight*** make sure you put it over your pizza but leave it hanging off the side of the pan about an inch. This way you are creating an oven. if you put the lid on tight you will trap moisture and your pizza will be soggy by leaving it "cracked" just a bit the moisture can escape and you will be cooking the pizza on top and bottom and it will not be soggy. LIKE AN OVEN :)

Frozen pizzas:
put it in the pan, put on the lid,***leaving a crack for steam; low heat (3) till done

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080408112754AA1uuv2
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
Page 1 of 1

Pardesi Community Forums  > Cooking  > Recipes  > PIZZA  

Important Disclaimer: The forums provided are open to the public. They are here solely to provide a source of information for our customers looking for this advice, products or services. The opinions expressed on these websites are those of their individual authors. Due to liability issues the advice, ideas, products, information, products, or services these forums provide are not endorsed by this website or its owners/employees. We recommend using common sense, making inquiries to people you trust, and, if necessary, seeking professional advice before relying on material, advice, or purchasing the products or services generated from these forums.
Copyright (c) 2001-2006 Pardesi Services LLC