Display using:  
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
 Author Thread: Hernia Checks
Chris_S is not online. Last active: 1/17/2005 10:20:29 AM Chris_S
Top 25 Poster
Total Posts: 6

Hernia Checks
Posted: 17 Jan 2005 10:00 AM
Can anyone advise when hernia checks should start being checked in boys/young men? I was always under the impression it was later in life but it seems that some doctors are doing this check early (pre-teen). Is there some reason for this?
Evergreesony is not online. Last active: 10/18/2006 4:27:31 PM Evergreesony
Top 25 Poster
Total Posts: 192

Re: Hernia Checks
Posted: 24 Feb 2005 01:40 PM
hi chris s.

yes now a day doc checking early in preteen even in childhood becuse.
in my family all the my forfathers and tehir brothers got hernia in old age.

and some of my cousins got in their childhood.

so it;'snot like you will get in future also soem people get hrnia in their childhood like 7-10.

hernia is A groin lump is localized swelling in the groin area. It may be firm or soft, tender or not painful at all.

also it abuging part like appendix but it's related to intestine.

the person who suffered with hernia have low digestive rate and also stomach problems.

you can removed by surgery .
if you get idea that you are cauisn hernia you should remove it early as soon as .

it's mostaly common in boys and mens and rare in womens but girls may cause.

hernia having different types based on their location of cause.

so check some parts where mosatlly hrnia appears.

like in below intestinal part,diaphram,genital part.

so check this article you will get idea.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/002940.htm

http://hcd2.bupa.co.uk/fact_sheets/html/Hiatus_hernia.html

www.webmd.com

i know the hernia patients that's why I am saying if you feeling soem of those problems always checking will be good as like prevention.

i hope you this will help.
susan is not online. Last active: 3/13/2005 7:57:22 PM susan
Top 25 Poster
Total Posts: 27

Posted: 24 Feb 2005 02:20 PM
Evergreesony is totally right regarding checking early and often for hernias: especially because the hernia is a protrusion of the organ through a muscle: the muscle can contract, or tighten, and therefore choke off the hernia ( this is called a strangulated hernia) and it is a serious medical condition: any time a body part is 'strangulated' , it can cause infection, hemorrhage, etc.
your family doctor or pediatrician can check for any hernias during a regular exam.
my 52 y.o. husband has developed an umbilical hernia ( area of the naval ), this was discovered during a routine physical. he has moderate discomfort from it, and i would like to see him have corrective surgery but he doesn't want to. i will call him up right now and remind him of the dangers of strangulated herniaSmiley thanks for reminding me ! this forum is good for me , keeps me on my toes :)
Evergreesony is not online. Last active: 10/18/2006 4:27:31 PM Evergreesony
Top 25 Poster
Total Posts: 192

Posted: 25 Feb 2005 01:47 PM
oh thanks Sussan.
Yeah i told this becuse I have experience even I got hernia in my childhood.
i had my surgery in childhood.when my mother checked .
i told her about the pain.

so now I am okay at this stage .

I don't want same pain to another person if they are suffering with this same problem.

becuse some tmes hernia repeat in different part.
as my doc told me.

Eg

Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
Page 1 of 1

Pardesi Community Forums  > Health  > Men's Health  > Hernia Checks  

Important Disclaimer: The forums provided are open to the public. They are here solely to provide a source of information for our customers looking for this advice, products or services. The opinions expressed on these websites are those of their individual authors. Due to liability issues the advice, ideas, products, information, products, or services these forums provide are not endorsed by this website or its owners/employees. We recommend using common sense, making inquiries to people you trust, and, if necessary, seeking professional advice before relying on material, advice, or purchasing the products or services generated from these forums.
Copyright (c) 2001-2006 Pardesi Services LLC