Display using:  
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
 Author Thread: kaffier boy
jonk is not online. Last active: 5/29/2007 7:23:08 AM jonk
Top 25 Poster
Total Posts: 6

kaffier boy
Posted: 19 Feb 2006 02:09 PM
right now i am reading Kaffier boy. it is very intresting but it is hard to read without getting emtional. I rate this book on a scale from 1-10 a 8.5
mel is not online. Last active: 10/2/2013 7:44:01 AM mel
www.pardesifashions.com
Top 25 Poster
Forum Moderator
Total Posts: 509

Re: kaffier boy
Posted: 21 Feb 2006 07:13 PM
Hi Jonk,

I read alot too but I have never heard of this one. What's it about?

~mel~
jonk is not online. Last active: 5/29/2007 7:23:08 AM jonk
Top 25 Poster
Total Posts: 6

Re: to mel about kaffir boy
Posted: 22 Feb 2006 08:57 PM
Kaffir Boy is about a young black South African boy that lives in a black populated area where white South African police raid the black town almost every other day. The book is very emotional and upsetting because it talks about the hard life he had living in a little shack and digging in wealthy peoples trash for food. This book is very good for learning what alot of black South Africans went through but it is sometimes very emotional and hard to read because of that.
Here are some reviews
A black South African learns not to Hate
USA TODAY 3-23-2001
Book Plumbs the Agony of a Man, and His Nation
The New York Times
Some only can dream of school
USA TODAY
Education as a powerful weapon of hope
The Arizona Republic
Appearances Are Deceiving
The New York Times
Closing the Racial Communications Gap
The Los Angeles Times
This is a rare look inside the festering adobe shanties of Alexandra, one of South Africa's notorious black townships. Rare because it comes ... from the heart of a passionate young African who grew up there."
— Chicago Tribune

Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
Page 1 of 1

Pardesi Community Forums  > Books  > Non-Fiction  > kaffier boy  

Important Disclaimer: The forums provided are open to the public. They are here solely to provide a source of information for our customers looking for this advice, products or services. The opinions expressed on these websites are those of their individual authors. Due to liability issues the advice, ideas, products, information, products, or services these forums provide are not endorsed by this website or its owners/employees. We recommend using common sense, making inquiries to people you trust, and, if necessary, seeking professional advice before relying on material, advice, or purchasing the products or services generated from these forums.
Copyright (c) 2001-2006 Pardesi Services LLC